Wordfence is a very useful plugin for wordpress. However on most sites I have worked on recently, I have realized that most webadmins just install wordfence with default settings.
However if you are using Google Adwords, then do remember to uncheck the “Block access to the rest of the site (outside the login form)” in the “Country Blocking Options” within the “Blocking” submenu of Wordfence settings.
Wordfence also explain it here.
Converting visitors into customers is the key to successful PPC management for business growth.
The article Trustworthiness in Web Design: 4 Credibility Factors which reconfirms what the “web usability guru” Jakob Nielsen wrote back in 1999, is very relevant to the topic of website conversions.
The above article by Aurora Bedford is well worth reading. If you don’t have time to read the full article, the summary of the article (with my own notes) is as follows :
Visitors to your website will do business with you only if they trust you.
4 key methods to communicate trustworthiness, as detailed by above article are as follows :
- Site Design Quality – (Visual appearance of site)
Appropriate design, colors to be able to connect with the target audience; to appear legitimate and professional, as required.
- Site organization should be as per the needs of the target audience. If you do not understand your audience, then start somewhere and study user behavior, using tools like HotJar and other such tools.
- Visual design as per target audience
- As the above article mentions – “Typos, broken links, and other mistakes quickly degrade credibility.” Its easy to avoid them with just a little attention to detail.
- Upfront disclosure (Be transparent about information)
- Make it easy for visitors to find information about your business, your policies and the product offering. The product/ service information shared online could vary from industry to industry but in general I feel there is a strong move towards transparency, to build trust.
- Comprehensive, Correct, and Current
- Present comprehensive and relevant information for each service or product your business offers.
- Photos and videos build trust. Share photos of the team, work-in-process and any other photo as relevant.
- Connected to the Rest of the Web – Create, monitor and respond on your social profiles.
- Online reviews of your business and/or positive presence on other third party sites is an important factor in the conversion process.
If you have time, the original article Trustworthiness in Web Design: 4 Credibility Factors is well worth a read.